[lbo-talk] Re: psychopathalogy

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sun Mar 7 09:44:58 PST 2004

Shane wrote: "The only thing the two have in common, besides wealth, is that both are respectably good bridge players. Since bridge proficiency requires maintaining good, cooperative relationships with a variety of partners, and also a high level of ethical behavior toward and psychological insight in regard to a very large number of opponents, psychopathology seems out of the question. I have never heard of, nor observed, psychopathic behavior in any good bridge player. Chess, though, is another story altogether...."

Well, there you have me. Except that I've known perfectly good bridge players who were utter assholes away from the table.

Joanna