[lbo-talk] translation of Taz obit of Paul Sweezy

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Sun Mar 7 11:15:07 PST 2004

From: John Mage

>From Crisis to Stagnation and Back Again
Paul M. Sweezy, Marxist and co-founder of "Monthly Review", is dead.

-clip-

Sweezy kept a distance to Marxist Leninist orthodoxy

^^^^^ CB: I guess. But underconsumptionist/overproductionist, super-profits, monopoly, state-monopoly, military industrial complex in the Cold War, anti-imperialist, Soviet symp, civil rights activist: I'm having trouble finding a big difference between Sweezyism and Marxism-Leninist orthodoxy. Did he profess dialectics ?

Anyway, all hail Comrade Sweezy ,our modern Engels ! ( Engels was handsome , too. I got a picture of him right here).