[lbo-talk] Robert Fisk

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 9 08:36:13 PST 2004

Michael Pugliese wrote:

>Oceania Has Always Been at War with Eurasia
>http://cointelprotool.blogspot.com/
>Robert Fisk, March 2, 2004:
>
>Odd, isn't it? There never has been a civil war in Iraq. I have
>never heard a single word of animosity between Sunnis and Shias in
>Iraq.

Is Fisk losing it? I haven't followed his every word, but as I recall his stuff from ten years ago, it was rigorous and sensible. Now it's seeming histrionic, and as this series of quotes shows, self-contradictory. Is it just that I see more of him these days, thanks to the Internet? Or is there some sort of rot setting in?

Doug