[lbo-talk] Steve Martin versus The Passion

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 09:39:58 PST 2004

>From: "Michael Dawson" <mdawson at pdx.edu>
>
>Why is this thread titled "Steve Martin versus the Passion?" Nothing in
>what Martin writes is an attack on Gibson's movie. It's ridiculing the
>movie studios.
>
>For that matter, why would you think Steve Martin would oppose Mel Gibson?
>Remember this little piece of history?:
>http://www.usswisconsin.org/Pictures/Famous%20Visitors/smartin.htm

No, I was never aware of that piece of history -- thanks for posting. IMO, the humor has been leaking out of Steve Martin for a long time now. He seems to be morphing into Bob Hope and is about as "wild and crazy" as that suggests.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee when you click here. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963