[lbo-talk] Steve Martin versus The Passion

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Tue Mar 9 10:12:42 PST 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Dawson -PSU" <mdawson at pdx.edu>

> Entertaining military troops engaged in an imperialist war is indeed a bad
> thing. It's a form of collaboration with the war planners and endorsing
> their theory of war.

I think the US role in Iraq over the last 14 years has been largely destructive, but it's hard for me to see how a reasonable person could prefer no involvement. Saddam would still rule over Iraq (and probably Kuwait and Saudi Arabia as well) with a host of nuclear weapons that would likely ensure regional dominance for some time.

-- Luke