[lbo-talk] Red, Purple and Blue

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Wed Mar 10 11:25:35 PST 2004

Lacny: This is exactly why Nader's behavior has crossed the line from stupid to treacherous.

Physician, heal thyself. I can understand why a body might not like Nader's entry. But he has been neither stupid nor treacherous. He is trying to keep Kerry from committing to being Clinton II, and he's also trying to bust the debate monopoly of the two Business Party wings.

I predict he'll try these things, then withdraw and endorse Kerry (barring a total snub from Kerry) in early October. If he cracks the debate and gets Kerry to commit to some liberal crumbs, this will be a huge public service.

Even if I'm wrong, I know very few Nader supporters who will actually vote for him. I totally support his presence in this election, but I am going to vote for Kerry.