[lbo-talk] Re:

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Fri Mar 12 17:00:04 PST 2004

Michael Pugliese wrote:

>"History is a process without a subject."

Also:

"I say: the category of the subject is constitutive of all ideology, but at the same time and immediately I add that _the category of the subject is only constitutive of all ideology insofar as all ideology has the function (which defines it) of 'constituting' concrete individuals as subjects._"

"In order to grasp what follows, it is essential to realize that both he who is writing these lines and the reader who reads them are themselves subjects, and therefore ideological subjects (a tautological proposition), i.e. that the author and the reader of these lines both live 'spontaneously' or 'naturally' in ideology in the sense in which I have said that 'man is an ideological animal by nature.' (Ideology and Ideological State Apparatuses)

Ulhas