[lbo-talk] S. Brian Willson on John Kerry's Obsession

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sat Mar 13 07:45:19 PST 2004

On Saturday, March 13, 2004, at 09:38 AM, Yoshie Furuhashi quoted:

> Despite my desire to see Bush II dethroned, I cannot join the growing
> "Band of Brothers" working on Kerry's presidential campaign. I belong
> to a different tribe of veterans who are still working for the
> "turning of America." Whether Kerry truly meant those words or not,
> many others of us took them to heart. That turning is still
> desperately needed. The world may not survive if we don't participate
> in a dramatic turning - away from blinding arrogance and plutocracy
> and toward loving compassion and authentic grassroots-based democracy.

Which means that if Kerry wins we have to keep fighting his administration as we have fought every administration since -- how far back do you want to go, Washington? I would still much rather be fighting a Kerry administration than a Bush one.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe. -- Attr. to Alfonso the Wise, King of Castile