[lbo-talk] the gains from variety

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Sun Mar 14 21:37:00 PST 2004

How does the social conditioning of choice obliterate its existence? You started out this thread by telling me my emphasis on the preciousness of choice was errant and ethnocentric. You then tried to save yourself by referring to Althusser, who didn't believe in the existence of freedom of choice. Now, you look like you've concluded you agree with me: