[lbo-talk] Putin Gets More Than 69 Percent of Vote

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Mon Mar 15 07:13:38 PST 2004

On Monday, March 15, 2004, at 02:41 AM, Chris Doss wrote:

> ``I voted for Putin because he is going to win anyway, and what is the
> point in voting for someone else?'' said financial inspector Yelena
> Chebakova, 31, one of a handful of early voters at a Moscow polling
> station.

Sure makes sense to me. "Whatever is, is right." Or, as the Japanese saying has it, "The nail that sticks up gets hammered down."

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax