[lbo-talk] life in Camp X-Ray (1)

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Mar 15 07:26:59 PST 2004

> The more I think about Justin's assertion the weirder it seems. It's
> not just economic power that makes U.S. pop culture so dominant
> around the world - sometimes the stuff is really good and even
> etravagantly imaginative. It taps into and plays with all kinds of
> fundamental fantasies. Given the proscriptions around menstrual blood
> (check 'em out on Sistani's website
> <http://www.sistani.org/html/eng/main/index.php?page=3&lang=eng&part=1>
> - select "Kinds of blood seen by women"), it's not too much of a leap
> to torture the religious by exposing them to it. And no doubt the
> captors want to insult the religion itself, a la Ann Coulter.
>
> Doug

Well, the warbloggers consistently piss all over Islam, no matter the stripe, so who's to say that this thinking isn't being played out in Gitmo (esp given the history of US psy-war techniques)? There's a ready and appreciative audience for such humiliation.

The reaction to the Spanish election in warblogger land is a delight to witness. What howling! Clearly, the tortured are not confined to small boxes in Cuba.

DP