[lbo-talk] Mitchel Cohen responds

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Mar 16 09:46:50 PST 2004

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> If that analysis is correct, Bush will win big time in 2004 is he plays
> the right reactionary tune - judging by the lousy state of the US
> economy.

I guess doom and gloom plays well among the ABB crowd, but Kerry is going to win in November. People will vote first of all with their pocketbooks, which are awfully empty after four years of Bush. Many people are upset about those missing WMDs and the electorate is VERY hostile towards Bush right now. Nothing is going to turn that around barring a major uptick in the economy or the second coming of Mel Gibson. The culture war stuff won't be a factor and I predict that Bush's negative campaign ads will backfire on him. People who are worried about the economy will look at the Bush adminstration as being irresponsible in attacking Kerry instead of explaining what they are going to do about the economy.

But hey, let's go back to another six months of superficial political analysis.

Chuck0