[lbo-talk] Re: The Importance of Choice

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Tue Mar 16 11:01:39 PST 2004

Yeah, something funky's awry when somebody who spends as much time reading and thinking about human non-fiction as Carrol does can actually say this kind of remarkable stuff. Seems to me like there's a manic quality to the depressive syndrome, too: The masses are merely nodes in the machine, but, of course, the Theorist must not have HIS (women, save perhaps Judith Butler -- don't know; can't read far enough into her jungle -- don't talk like this) individuality and freedom respected and admired, worshipped even. Who else will father the Revolution? Who else will decide when to massage the fronts of necks?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 10:22 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Re: The Importance of Choice