[lbo-talk] Booing Manning Marable

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Wed Mar 17 06:20:04 PST 2004

On Tuesday, March 16, 2004, at 07:26 PM, Art McGee wrote:

> The point is, the
> only way you can open up some space to allow Democrats to
> behave half-way decently is to move Republicans out of
> office.

True, but this point can be put even more simply -- Republicans should be moved out of office on principle. Then we can concentrate on moving a lot of Democrats out of office, too. Time was when some D's were as bad as most R's, but now you have to get all those R's who are stopping up the sewer pipe out so you'll have time and energy to devote to fixing up the D's. It's just the politics of Roto-Rooter. <g>

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax