[lbo-talk] Null and Void

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Fri Mar 19 16:53:05 PST 2004

>Please note that the benefits of fluoridated water are intended
>mainly for children whose teeth are still forming. They are supposed
>to benefit from the direct ingestion of fluoride which is transmitted
>through
>the bloodstream to developing teeth where it becomes
>built into the enamel structures of those teeth, thereby making
>them more resistant to acids.

While there are of course some hold outs fluoride is now accepted as being absorbed topically through the teeth. The process you describe above is pure fiction.

>Well, I remember as a child having to take fluoride pills
>in my hot chocalate because we didn't have flouridated
>water at that time.
Jim Farmelant

They used to bleed people too, so what? Unless of course all scientific progress stopped when you were ten. Opposition to fluoridation is nowhere near the quackery of auto-urine therapy. You do yourself a great disservice by painting everyone with such a broad brush. It is easier than research though.

John Thornton