[lbo-talk] March 20, 2004, Columbus, OH

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Mar 20 09:06:54 PST 2004

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>The Anybody But Bush pundits who -- rather than simply advocating
>voting for John Kerry -- ask Americans not to cooperate with Ralph
>Nader and the Green Party are a vocal and yet tiny minority among US
>leftists; they are mainly sectarian intellectuals, few of whom are
>movement organizers and activists.

Do you have any evidence for this claim? I doubt more than a handful of union organizers support Nader. I guess you could call Noam Chomsky a "sectarian intellectual," but you'd have a hard time selling that to his many fans. And since when are activists better qualified to make political judgments simply because of their classification as activists?

Doug