[lbo-talk] March 20, 2004, Columbus, OH: A Day That Will Live In Infamy

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Mar 20 20:54:39 PST 2004

Mike Larkin wrote:

>... Among labor and African American organizers I know, if you
even mention Nader's name, you are toast. The man is loathed...

Three questions:

1.) What minority group in the US population is most persecuted by government and victim of most hate crimes in the current political climate?

2.) What is *their* attitude toward Nader--and how many of their "organizers" do you know?

3.) What, in your opinion, explains the pathologically hysterical "loathing" toward Nader and anyone who even mentions his name among your friends?

Shane Mage

"When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even downright silly.

When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true." (N. Weiner)