[lbo-talk] March 20, 2004, Columbus, OH: A Day That WillLive In Infamy

JW Mason j.w.mason at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 21 11:37:09 PST 2004

As another datapoint, I was recently at a meeting of NYC-area labor leaders (mostly local presidents and people on that level) where there was a discussion of the presidential race. There was a significant minority (4 or 5 out of 20 or so) that were strongly pro-Nader. The most outspoken was an African-American official from a Teamsters local in Queens. So these things don't always break down the way you might expect.

Josh

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 8:05 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] March 20, 2004, Columbus, OH: A Day That WillLive In Infamy

> mike larkin wrote:
>
> >Yes, this is a dispatch from Planet Bonkerism. Among
> >labor and African American organizers I know, if you
> >even mention Nader's name, you are toast. The man is loathed.
>
> We didn't see a single Nader button or sign at today's antiwar demo in
NYC.