[lbo-talk] Chomsky, Nader, & the Green Party (March 20, 2004, Columbus, OH)

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Mar 20 21:14:08 PST 2004

Jon Johanning wrote:

>...Personally, as a peaceful, meditative type <g>, I feel a fair
>amount of equanimity about the Nader campaign (I don't say he
>shouldn't run, just that no one should vote for him)...

Why do you say that when the vast majority of voters do so in states where their choice of Nader electors over Kerry electors cannot conceivably alter the outcome between Ubu and the Dumbocrat?

Shane Mage

"When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even downright silly.

When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true." (N. Weiner)