[lbo-talk] Chomsky, Nader, & the Green Party

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 20 21:22:35 PST 2004

I think this is correct. In the Guardian interview, Chomsky says, "I admire Ralph Nader and Denis Kucinich very much, and insofar as they bring up issues and carry out an educational and organisational function -- that's important, and fine, and I support it. However, when it comes to the choice between the two factions of the business party, it does sometimes, in this case as in 2000, make a difference. A fraction."

As Yoshie writes elsewhere, it's important that "organizers and activists in social movements know what kind of Democratic president they will be fighting against for four years," and she instances Kerry's plea to the new Spanish government not to remove its troops from Iraq. We should be insisting that the US/UK withdraw from Iraq, and notice that Kerry's "terrorism advisor," who's issuing statements in his name, was until last March 20 the White House terrorism advisor. --CGE