[lbo-talk] re: Chomsky, Nader, and the Green Party

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Sun Mar 21 10:14:24 PST 2004

Michael Pugliese fwd'd:
> Et Tu, Ralph Nader?
> More Elitist Culture-Bashing From the Left
> Danny Goldberg

> "More and more, corporations are raising our kids,"
> [Nader] declares. Companies now start marketing
> directly at children as early as age 2. The average
> youngster, he points out, watches thirty hours of
> television a week, with three pernicious effects:
> They learn violence is the preferred solution to
> life's problems, they are taught to value cheap
> sensuality in everything from sex to self-image to
> food, and they become addicted to entertainment
> that shortens their attention span.

Thank you, Michael. I hadn't found any sources to back it up, but I remember attending a Nader rally in '00 and hearing him echo David Grossman, the anti-video game prig beloved by aspiring Christian censors and AdBusters.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!