[lbo-talk] Anybody But a Democrats (was: activists & Nader)

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Mon Mar 22 09:47:18 PST 2004

At 10:14 AM 3/22/2004, Doug Henwood wrote:

>I don't know who's position it is, really. I wish Ralph wouldn't run, and
>I wish people wouldn't vote for him, and I'll say this every chance I get
>to whoever is listening between now and November, but it's certainly
>Ralph's right to run and peoples' right, Scalia aside, to vote for him. It
>wouldn't surprise me if Ralph is talking up the threats to him in the
>interests of melodrama.
>
>Doug

Sorry for the overpost. But the rhetorical strategy of the Anybody But A Democrat crowd reminds me of a (il)logic used elsewhere:

if you protest a talk/speach by booing and hissing, or some other sort of protest (silent or otherwise), then it's a violation of the speaker's right to free speech.

The protestors must shut up, and no, that's not a violations of their rights to free speech, so there!

Kelley