[lbo-talk] whacky internet based assumptions (was Rightist candidate wins El Salvador presidency)

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Mon Mar 22 11:53:43 PST 2004

michael pugliese wrote though you do accurately score a point against
> Yoshiebot, I assume driven by your geographical
> proximity to her and both of you being in Soli

--this is interesting, we're back to a really off base assumption about internet exchanges. here, it is that yoshie is someone that michael could not get along with if he met her in person, due to her political positions on lbo list. i propose that if michael met yoshie at a rally and didn't know it was yoshie, he'd get along just fine with her. ditto if they bumped into each other at a bar unknown to each other and just chatted up about the war on terror or iraq or the like...

steve