[lbo-talk] Re: Orwell (Coming back to the list....)

Brad DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 22 15:34:11 PST 2004

>Obviously any significant critique of Orwell as a writer/thinker in general
>should consider all his work, and some of critics even amongst what I've read
>clearly have read Catalonia, Williams included. But there's a place for a
>critique of Animal Farm, for example

There is? I would understand somebody saying that there's a place for a critique of the Soviet Union, or of Stalin. But a critique of _Animal Farm_? What's to critique? (Besides, that is, the declaration that Stalin on the one hand and Truman and Attlee on the other are morally equivalent.)

--

Yours,

Brad DeLong