[lbo-talk] From 2000 to 2004 (Re: Ralph the rightwinger)

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Tue Mar 23 05:19:34 PST 2004

At 01:47 AM 3/23/2004, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>In 2000, Doug posted the same Bruce Bartlett article with a different
>subject line: "Nader, conservative?,"
><http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2000/2000-September/016553.html>.

Your retrospectroscope seems to have crack in it. There was a lot of talk about GoNader's social conservatism and antipathy to popular culture at the time. Doug usually instigated it because that's one of Doug's obsessions.

>It didn't appear to occur to Doug or anyone else on LBO-talk to think of
>the Bartlett article as a good reason to vote against Nader in 2000

I suppose he forwarded it because he thought it was a good reason to vote for GoNader, eh?

Yeah, go with THAT.

He also predicted Gore would win.

Kelley