[lbo-talk] declining #'ers @ anti-war marches (unofficial UK SWP blog)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 09:54:00 PST 2004

--- Michael Pugliese <michael098762001 at earthlink.net> It's already shrunk by
> 75% since the Autumn, so I doubt anyone will bother
> turning out for the next one. In your heart of
> hearts you must know this is true as well. The truth
> is: it's over.

So what? As someone once said, "when you get the message, hang up the phone". The U.S. population is not less against the war now than a year ago...they are more against the war. Only some of us Leftists get a kick out of endless cake walks without the cake.

Demos have their time and place...they are better when they happen at the site of exploitation/oppression. So, we should not be surprized that a lot of people dont show up at these anti-war events. The anti-war people not showing up at the demonstrations are now ready to stop marching and take action...which for a lot of them, unfortunately, means (ONLY) voting at the ballot box in November.

Thomas