[lbo-talk] RE: Corproate porn

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Tue Mar 23 10:32:25 PST 2004

Doug writes: "Man, you sound like one of those 50s preachers, denouncing rock & roll as the devil's music."

As much as I hate to agree with Michael D, this time he's right. Denouncing MTV is not like denouncing rock & roll. I watch MTV every once in a while and pretty much all I see is women acting like sluts and men acting like pimps. Do I want my ten year old girl to see this "image" of womanhood blasted at her again and again? No. Fact is the rock and roll women of my day: Janis, Grace Slick, Joni Mitchell (yeah, I know)... would not be able to get on MTV today. Tina Turner is the only exception.

Joanna