[lbo-talk] re: Chomsky, Nader, and the Green Party

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Tue Mar 23 11:17:01 PST 2004

On Tuesday, March 23, 2004, at 10:14 AM, uvj at vsnl.com wrote:

> What if Al Qaeda acquires the WMDs? Nukes in suitcases or
> chemical/biological weapons?

That's what the "Dept. of Homeland Security" is supposed to deal with. I don't think that many Americans are highly impressed by how safe and cozy it is making them. In fact, with its color-coded warnings, it is pretty much a national joke.

OTOH, it's probably not so easy to pull off a big CBW incident as many people think, and the "nukes in suitcases" thing is probably rather exaggerated, too, if I recall the last technical discussion of it I saw.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt