[lbo-talk] ANSWER up to same old dirty tricks

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Mar 23 14:17:35 PST 2004

ANSWER supporters (the few that still exist) will no doubt be angry with me for posting this, but a friendly source in New York City tells me that ANSWER was up to their usual dirty, divisive tactics in the lead up to Saturday's demo. UFPJ made a big stink about the police plans to pen all protesters in, correctly drawing attention to a totalitarian tactic that has no place in a democracy. But ANSWER butted heads with UFPJ off stage, because ANSWER didn't want anybody to make a big stink about the plans for protest pens. As some of you know, ANSWER never met a protest pen they didn't like, so this is in keeping with their long history of cooperation with the police. What's more annoying is the news that ANSWER threatened to pull out of their "cooperation" with UFPJ if UFPJ didn't drop their opposition to the protest pens.

So who is really being divisive? A protest "coalition" that threatens another coalition behind closed doors, or us activists who call ANSWER on their ineffective tactics and lack of strategy?

Chuck0