[lbo-talk] Re: Corporate Porn to Kids

Curtiss Leung curtiss_leung at ibi.com
Tue Mar 23 15:29:53 PST 2004

>> So you dismiss the charges against MTV? Why? Is it OK with you to
>> have 11-year-olds beinvited to watch drunken college kids engaging in

>> public foreplay? Why?
>
> What's the harm of that? I can see if you're some kind of fundie,
> anxious about nonmarital sex, but otherwise, I don't get what the
> damage is from watching MTV.

It's only a gut feeling on my part, but my gut feeling says that MTV Spring Break could impart a sense of *inadequacy* in teens about their bodies and about their sexual appeal.

Don't have the right body or the right hair or right clothes or right music? Forget it. You'll never get laid. Ever. In that world, sexual appeal is part of an uniform and irreducible package.

Fundies are afraid MTV accelerates teen's sexual activity. I'm the other way; I'm worried that it will stunt it.

Curtiss