[lbo-talk] Re: Josef " Whitman " Dzhugashvili

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Wed Mar 24 02:52:02 PST 2004

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:13:20 +0300 From: " Chris Doss " <nomorebounces at mail.ru> Subject: [lbo-talk] Josef " Whitman " Dzhugashvili

My question is, does anybody know anything about this early literay foray on the part of JS? It was news to me.

Yes, there is a biography of Stalin by a certain Cameron (Edwin or Edward or something like that), called Stalin: Man of Contradiction, in which there are even some lengthy quotations from his poetry. I would describe what I saw as being somewhat romantic, vaguely in the style of Shelley - that's how I recall it anyway. Cameron's book is also very staunchly pro-Stalin. Tahir