[lbo-talk] Dick Morris: Why Bush Will Win By A Landslide

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 24 11:17:35 PST 2004

mike larkin wrote:

>Does anyone know what Morris's track record on predictions is?
>Because this is really creeping me out--it makes a lot of sense.
>
><http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/21657.htm>http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/21657.htm

Dunno about his record on predictions, but this bit of analysis is pretty hilarous - evidently The Dick hasn't been talking with Yoshie:

>The polls are starting to reflect the effectiveness of Bush's ads,
>which depict Kerry explaining his ultra-liberal record to the
>voters. This Democrat, who escaped scrutiny by posing as the un-Dean
>in the primary, is now being revealed as the leftist he is.

As Gallup pointed out the other day, no president with an approval rating below 50% at this time in an election year has been re-elected, and most of those who were had ratings much higher. Bush is right around 50%, which suggests the race could be very tight. A landslide looks very unlikely.

Doug