[lbo-talk] IRA & ETA?

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 26 11:16:43 PST 2004

Yo, Yoshie, last night at work Antonio, a Mexican co-worker and another marxist at work got into an argument about Cuba, imperialism and the "free market." After my gay marxist co-worker was giving the marxist ABC's on class structure and struggle, the Mexican-American started yelling about the great opportunities his relatives have gotten here compared to Mexico and gave a case against Castroism, far to my right. After some more to and fro, between the two, then Antonio went into a summary of the genocidal crimes of the Spanish colonialists. "Our" anti-imperialism on the secular revo and reformist left, is far, far from the majority current in the mass, popular anti-imperialism of the past few decades. So much of it is rooted in atavistic, reactionary anti-modernism and hatred of "rootless cosmopolitanism."

Michael Pugliese