[lbo-talk] 'shillin' with Al Franken

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Fri Mar 26 16:00:13 PST 2004

> 1) The planners of the raid thought it was a plant for manufacturing
> weapons; not medicine. The intelligence, as we now know, was completely
> wrong. I don't think anyone has argued that the Clinton team
intentionally
> bombed what they knew to be a pharmaceutical plant; if that was the case,
of
> course they should be doing time.

The Weiger Doctrine: Nations get to drop bombs on buildings they suspect might be housing activities they don't like. The bombers only go to jail if they can be shown to be using the disapproved activities as a cover story to bomb nice civilian activities. Domestic application: If the robber who shoots you says he only meant to wound you and yet you die, no murder charges can be brought against the robber, as murder wasn't his stated intent.