[lbo-talk] poll results so far

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at arts.usyd.edu.au
Mon Mar 29 20:08:25 PST 2004

Wow, Americans. Only 16% of people can be bothered to even vote on a poll about whether or not they could be bothered to vote.

No, seriously. I voted. What was the voter turnout in the last US election? Is it expected to be more or less this time?

We're having an Australian election soon and I'd love to run this quiz on LBOtalk re that election. Sure, I know, America = superpower = I know about your politics and you don't know about ours. I don't mean that. I just mean I'm interested in a) polls and b) US opinions about voting. I mean, on *this list* which has such a tendency to care about political agency, 10% of this sample would not vote. Just... wow.

Catherine