[lbo-talk] poll results so far

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 30 16:41:49 PST 2004

Catherine Driscoll wrote:

>No, seriously. I voted. What was the voter turnout in the last US
>election? Is it expected to be more or less this time?

In 2000, it was just under 50%, I think. hard to say whether it will increase. The country is very polarized, so the hard core may turn out, but the "undecideds" may just stay at home and work on their body mass indexes.

>We're having an Australian election soon and I'd love to run this
>quiz on LBOtalk re that election. Sure, I know, America = superpower
>= I know about your politics and you don't know about ours. I don't
>mean that. I just mean I'm interested in a) polls and b) US opinions
>about voting. I mean, on *this list* which has such a tendency to
>care about political agency, 10% of this sample would not vote.
>Just... wow.

Happy to put one up for you, though I wonder how many Americans could name John Howard.

Doug