[lbo-talk] Re: Kerry Slipping.....

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Mar 29 20:11:44 PST 2004

Jeffrey Fisher wrote:

> this has been my experience in academic jobs, but maybe that's about to
> change . . .
>
> On Monday, March 29, 2004, at 10:10 PM, Miles Jackson wrote:
>
> > (Anecdotal data: my bro's laid off, every job he applies for--
> > driver/warehouse kinda shit--has piles of applicants.)

"Academic jobs" is in some ways too abstract a category -- different sectors have always gone up and down unevenly. So even while the total number of openings goes up (or down), given departments or divisions may be staying flat or going down (or up). History simply collapsed over 20 years ago. Will it be going up?

Carrol