[lbo-talk] Re: Bush's Poll Number Go Up

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Tue Mar 30 10:00:07 PST 2004

At 12:41 PM 3/30/2004, BklynMagus wrote:

>Many people probably think that Clarke is making a fuss now to sell his book.

I'm not attacking you, but here's the thing: If that's not what he was doing, 'splain me this: Why didn't the twit make a fuss, say, before we starting blowing up things in Iraq? I'd heart Clarke had he blown the whistle when it _really_ mattered.

Roosevelt won in 1944, in spite of some pretty vicious negative campaign material--on both sides. heh. For fun, read the newspaper reports. Absolutely hilarious, just swap out republican for democrat and vice versa:

http://www.artsweb.mcgill.ca/programs/history/faculty/TROYWEB/Courseweb/RooseveltAssertsOldGuardPosesasNewDeal.pdf http://www.arts.mcgill.ca/programs/history/faculty/TROYWEB/Courseweb/VastThrongsseeRooseveltonTour.pdf http://www.artsweb.mcgill.ca/programs/history/faculty/TROYWEB/Courseweb/TheFalaAddress.htm (Fala Address)

Kelley