[lbo-talk] question for feminists on the list

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 19:25:22 PST 2004

Pubic hair. It's pretty much normal for most young women to shave themselves "down there" nowadays, it seems. Compare Playboys of 20+years ago with those of today and there's noticeably less pubic hair the more recent the issue.

What happened, and is it related to patriarchy? Has porn spurred this on? Seems I read one feminist who said it's because men prefer women who resemble younger, less powerful girls than fully developed women. Doesn't seem to be as important for men to shave their pubes.

I'd be interested in any online (or offline) sources that consider this issue. Thanks