[lbo-talk] Hersh on Abu Ghraib: Systematic and documented months ago

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat May 1 10:45:32 PDT 2004

Having reviewed, with horror and disgust, some of the images of naked and humiliated Iraqi prisoners being mocked by, among others, US women soldiers, I formally retract my skepticism, expressed earier on this list, about charges by relased British Guanatano inmates that inmates at Guantanamo were abused by being exposed to naked whores. That's all too credible now.

I am very sorry to report that a friend tells me at her law firm in Waukergan (the way North burbs of Chicago, very conservative) that colleagues were gathere around tyhe computer laughing at the images of torture and humiliation.

http://newyorker.com/online/covers/?040510onco_covers_gallery