[lbo-talk] Hersh on Abu Ghraib: Systematic and documented monthsago

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Sat May 1 11:11:20 PDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "andie nachgeborenen" <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com>

Having reviewed, with horror and disgust, some of the images of naked and humiliated Iraqi prisoners being mocked by, among others, US women soldiers, I formally retract my skepticism, expressed earier on this list, about charges by relased British Guanatano inmates that inmates at Guantanamo were abused by being exposed to naked whores. That's all too credible now.

I am very sorry to report that a friend tells me at her law firm in Waukergan (the way North burbs of Chicago, very conservative) that colleagues were gathere around tyhe computer laughing at the images of torture and humiliation.

jks

On January 16 1991 I was in the lobby of Patton, Boggs LLP [2550 M St NW Wash. DC]. CNN was on in a conference room filled with attorneys preparing a filing for a case. When the images and words announcing the attacks appeared on the screens, everyone in the room jumped out of their seats and cheered as if the Washington Redskins had just beat the Dallas Cowboys in overtime.