[lbo-talk] "Cheer the Fuck Up"

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Sun May 2 08:31:21 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2 May 2004 11:16:15 -0400, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

You should have seen Cal Thomas
> and the authors of Cracking the Code on Fox last night anguishing over
> the victories of the secularists. It was kind of beautiful.
>
> Doug

Cal Thomas spoke at Kresge College, UCSC in the same series that I'd seen Angela Davis, I.F. Stone, Adrienne Rich and Robert Scheer. His reception was as friendly as Robert Strange McNamara got in '66 on campuses. Scheer was booed when he said we should read Richard Nixon's, "The Real War, " for his strategic insights.

On cultural freedom in AmeriKKKa. Yesterday, there was a well attended pro-pot rally in front of City Hall. 1000 times the # that showed up at a May Day event I went to at the Niebel Proctor Marxist Library in Berkeley. The sweet old lady from the CPUSA who was the cashier for the book sale kept on saying, "Oh how wonderful to hear the voice of Paul Robeson!" I bought, "Vietnam Will Win!, " by Aussie Communist, Wilfred Burchett and a Felix Greene book on the PRC. His, "The Enemy: What Every American Should Know About Imperialism, " I need to find a copy of again.

-- Michael Pugliese