[lbo-talk] "Cheer the Fuck Up"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun May 2 08:16:15 PDT 2004

C. G. Estabrook wrote:

>Where (as the shrinks would say) is the excess affect coming from, Doug?
>Yoshie/Slavoj seem to me to be making important points here about pleasure
>and duty. And -- more importantly -- they seem to be right. --CGE

Uh, if i were endorsing totalitarian power and repressive torture, they might be relevant points. Rather on the opposite end of the spectrum, I was urging people to take pleasure in the victories (however partial, however incomplete, etc. etc. yeah yeah yeah) of the civil rights movement, feminism, and GLBTQ liberation. You should have seen Cal Thomas and the authors of Cracking the Code on Fox last night anguishing over the victories of the secularists. It was kind of beautiful.

Doug