[lbo-talk] Re: Ronald Reagan University

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Sun May 2 13:54:05 PDT 2004

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/4/27/152725.shtml

Tuesday, April 27, 2004 Supporters Plan Ronald Reagan University

DENVER - Supporters of Ronald Reagan have begun raising money to establish a university in his name in Colorado.

Organizers hope to create a general university with medical and law schools and a graduate school of public and international policy. They want to open by 2010 with 10,000 students and 2,000 faculty members and staff.

The organizers have already received 200 acres of donated land with a view of the Rocky Mountains near Denver.

"Because he had a vision of a shining city on the hill, I want us to be on a rolling plain, looking at the Front Range," Terry Walker, the university's founding president, said Monday.

Officials plan to admit only applicants with SAT scores of 1,400 or above. A perfect SAT score is 1,600.

"I love his legacy, and I will do anything I can to perpetuate it and memorialize it," said Steve Schuck, the Colorado Springs businessman who donated the land.

© 2004 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

_________________________________________________________________ Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included with MSN Premium! http://join.msn.com/?page=features/mlb&pgmarket=en-us/go/onm00200439ave/direct/01/