[lbo-talk] Billmon comments on Diary of an Interrogator

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon May 3 03:11:27 PDT 2004

On Mon, 3 May 2004 kjkhoo at softhome.net wrote:

> Is it true that the story of Abu Ghraib didn't make the front page of
> any of the major national dailies?

No. It was the lead story yesterday of all the majors. And it's on the front page of the New York Times and the Washington Post again today (and probably others, I haven't looked yet).

However, I did get the impression that US TV coverage set new lows when the story broke. But I can't say from personal experience. Ask me after I've seen Monday's Daily Show :o)

Michael