[lbo-talk] Pro Kerry bumperstickers

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon May 3 08:07:42 PDT 2004

> Let me explain something for the liberal Lacny: Chomsky's endorsement of
> Kerry goes against everything he has written and talked about over the
> last 40 years. It goes against his professed anarcho-syndicalism. It
> goes against the work he has done exposing the bipartisan history of
> American imperialism and capitalism. Chomsky has pulled a boner with
> this ill-advised endorsement of Kerry.
>
> Chuck0

In a Rolling Stone interview with Charles Young (from the early 90s, if mem serves), Noam said that if the Dems nominated Charlie McCarthy (a ventriloquist puppet from radio's Golden Age, for those unaware), he'd vote for him on the grounds that the Repub candidate would be worse for those without power. Not that the Dem would be great and noble, far from it, but at least there'd be some breathing room and a chance to organize and push ahead, as opposed to reclaiming lost ground from the Repubs.

So, Chuck, Noam's "endorsement" is nothing new, and is only a minor part of his voluminous output.

DP