[lbo-talk] Four more years?

R rhisiart at charter.net
Mon May 3 22:18:26 PDT 2004

of course. the issue isn't whether or not it's in their plans but whether or not they'll do it.

shrub's line is a typical rah-rah throw away line. then it could be a trial balloon. after all, when god's selected you to be president, nothing's too far fetched, is it? we'll need to pray over this one.

----- Original Message ----- From: "C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 6:38 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Four more years?

I just listened to the end of a Bush campaign speech in Michigan (via C-Span); he was clearly reading his speech. He concluded by saying (and repeating), "We've got four more years to win the war on terrorism." (No conditionals or preceding clauses like, "If we're reelected...")

Do you suppose their fall-back plans include the ultimate October Surprise (as in, "Surprise! You won't have to bother to go the polls next month...")? --CGE