[lbo-talk] RE: Cultural Change

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Tue May 4 04:59:01 PDT 2004

From: "joanna bujes"
> "John was a brilliant songwriter,
> but political strategy was never his forte."
>
> "Working class hero" is a great song. So is "Imagine" -- a great first
step.

yes, but John wasn't working class, the area he grew up in and the schools he went to were middle. The accent they retained is not the harsher faster one of the worker, it's the more rounded tone of the suburbanite. Working class in fifties/sixties Liverpol meant you left school at fifteen and got a job on the docks, ferries or merchant navy, John went to Art School, which was Liverpool University. The only really working class Beatle was Ringo and the previous drummer whose name escapes me at the moment. Stu Sutcliffe John met at Uni.

Gary? ride si sapis