[lbo-talk] Re: Ralph Nader, Suicide Bomber

R rhisiart at charter.net
Tue May 4 18:59:13 PDT 2004

this "strategy" has too much of the ring of adolescents rebelling against their parents. of course, it's the only thing the major parties understand. they aren't long on understanding or patience regarding people whose opinions are different from theirs. they, like shrub, are on a mission from god.

i'd suggest a better strategy is organize and provide a decent alternative. the actions of the left have too often been absorbed by the democratic party during the 20th century. let's not let that happen again. let the DLC have their party, and let's create something better. or is everyone on the left too pooped out?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Bartlett" <billbartlett at dodo.com.au> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 6:26 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Re: Ralph Nader, Suicide Bomber

At 5:43 PM -0400 4/5/04, Doug Henwood wrote:

>>How the Great Crusader used the Green Party to get his revenge
>
>Fascinating. So how many of you Nader voters agree with this strategy?

Of course I'm not a Nader voter, but I've repeatedly said that punishing the major parties is the only plausible strategy to force electoral reform. They don't understand anything else.

Have you got a better strategy?

Obviously the author of the article is being mischievous in pretending not to understand the objective, putting it all down to mad "revenge". But you would expect that, they can't very well acknowledge the real strategy, can they?