[lbo-talk] Ralph Nader, Suicide Bomber

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Wed May 5 12:08:21 PDT 2004

C. G. Estabrook, demonstrating willful intent to ignore the mountain of evidence in front of everyone's face, writes:

> I think the assertion, taken for granted here,
> that "the election of Bush would be worse for
> working-class, poor people and blacks" than
> that of Gore, is difficult to prove, at best.

For months now people on this list have talked about the Bush tax cuts; the overtime regulations; the plan to turn Medicaid into a block grant program next term if Bush wins or steals this election; court appointments; a renewed drive to privatize Social Security; the fact that Bush "national security" doctrine straightforwardly entertains the notion of using nuclear weapons in a way that the Democrats simply do not; union organizing rights and the Bush regime's attempt to destroy unions in the public sector and systematically undermine them everywhere else; affirmative action; a thousand different regulatory changes for the benefit of polluters, credit-card loan-sharks, slumlords, and banks that Bush has put in place that the Democrats would not have enacted. And more.

We have heard nothing -- absolutely nothing -- from the left-adventurist crowd about how betraying the People's Front Against Bush is a worthwhile political strategy. Indeed, they have consistently refused to address any concrete arguments and instead consistently fall back on what the old-fashioned -- like myself -- can only describe as childish, self-indulgent petit-bourgeois phrasemongering about "Tweedledum and Tweedledee," George Wallace-inspired metaphors about "a dime's worth of difference," and the like. Then they wonder why some of us don't take them seriously, or even point out that their position is objectively treacherous. They produce nothing but a constant stream of fact-free idiocy, and then complain about "name-calling." What a joke.

- - - - - John Lacny http://www.johnlacny.com

People of the US, unite and defeat the Bush regime and all its running dogs!